McAfee, the device-to-cloud cybersecurity company, has extended its Cloud Security Platform to consistently protect Microsoft Azure.
It will deliver the industry’s most extensive solution to secure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
The solution addresses the most critical enterprise security requirements for Microsoft Azure and empowers customers to build applications on the Microsoft Azure cloud with the peace of mind that their applications, underlying cloud infrastructure and enterprise data are protected.
This announcement marks the introduction of the first joint solution following McAfee’s acquisition of Skyhigh Networks, demonstrating the company’s commitment to enhancing its
“Moving applications, data and workloads to the cloud exposes enterprises to new threats and risks,” said Rajiv Gupta, Senior Vice President of the cloud security business unit at McAfee
“At the same time, the adoption of cloud allows organisations to transform their business.
“This is why we are on a mission to make cloud the most secure environment for business. The introduction of McAfee Cloud Security Platform for Microsoft Azure is an important step to fulfilling this mission for our customers.”
With new offerings under the McAfee Cloud Security Platform, organisations can:
- Audit security configuration settings of Microsoft Azure against best practices, identify security and compliance gaps and recommend specific actions to reduce security risks
- Capture the complete audit trail of user and administrator activity to accelerate post-incident forensic investigations and monitor the spread of advance threats
- Use data science and machine learning to detect insider threats and compromised accounts.
- Remove malware from traffic going to, from, and within the Microsoft Azure infrastructure
- Identify and prevent unauthorized sensitive data from being stored in Azure storage services, such as Blob Storage