Awards programme recognises Red Hat customers for their innovative and creative use of Red Hat technologies. Award recipients to be honoured at Red Hat Summit 2018
Red Hat, a leading provider of open source solutions, is accepting nominations for the 2018 Red Hat Innovation Awards.
Since 2007, the Red Hat Innovation Awards have recognised Red Hat’s global customers for the transformative projects and outstanding results they have experienced with Red Hat’s open source solutions.
Open source has helped transform technology and the Red Hat Innovation Awards showcase its transformative impact in organisations around the world.
Nominations should showcase successful open source IT implementation and projects that made a difference in organisations using open source.
Entries for the Innovation Awards will be judged in five areas:
- Impact: Assessing the impact the project had on the organisation and various lines of business, including the return on investment benefits such as increased agility, automation, scalability, productivity, and cost and time-savings.
- Transformation: Analysing the organisation’s IT transformation and modernisation as a result of the project.
- Open source: Evaluating how the organisation is embracing an agile mode of IT, using open source technology, methodology, open source values and initiatives to create a culture that supports collaboration, diversity, and meritocracy.
- Difference: Measuring how the organisation’s change and transformation has made a difference in the lives of the users, communities, and even the society it supports.
- Uniqueness: Judging the uniqueness and distinct vision for the project showing innovation and originality that hasn’t been seen or heard of before.
Submissions will be accepted until November 8 2017 and will be evaluated by a panel of business and open source technology experts.
A total of five winners will be chosen. From those five winners, the 2018 Red Hat Innovator of the Year will be selected through online voting, and will be announced during an awards ceremony at the 2018 Red Hat Summit in San Francisco May 8-10 2018.