SUSE has introduced SUSE Enterprise Storage 6, the latest release of its software-defined storage solution powered by Ceph technology.
The new SUSE Enterprise Storage enables IT organisations to seamlessly adapt to changing business demands while reducing IT operational expense with new features focused on containerised and cloud workload support, improved integration with public cloud and enhanced data protection capabilities.
Based on the Ceph Nautilus release, SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 allows customers to seamlessly adapt to changing business demands by:
- Accelerating innovation as it further removes storage silos, giving customers easier access to different types of data and enabling them to quickly extract information from data using cutting-edge search and analytics tools
- Maximising application availability with faster and more granular backups that can now leverage low-cost public cloud resources for improved data protection
- Responding to changing business demands faster with the ability to quickly and easily leverage public cloud resources as part of their storage infrastructure
It also helps them reduce operational IT expense by:
- Optimising data placement with the ability to automatically and efficiently move data between all tiers of storage based on policy, ensuring access to critical data when customers need it
- Improving IT efficiency with a single, scalable storage solution that meets all storage requirements for containerised and cloud-enabled workloads, no matter where they live
SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 will be generally available in June. For more information about SUSE Enterprise Storage and its accompanying world-class support and professional services, visit suse.com/storage.