Schneider Electric, a leader in Digital Transformation of energy management and automation, has announced the continued rollout of EcoStruxure IT Expert, its cloud-based data centre infrastructure management solution, with its release in Europe. With IT Expert, Schneider Electric brings secure, vendor-agnostic, wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility of all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets.
As part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, IT Expert operates with all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets like secure power and cooling — including the new, cloud-enabled Smart-UPS with APC SmartConnect. IT Expert addresses the data centre industry’s need to simplify how data centres, distributed IT and local edge environments are managed. Providing proactive recommendations and consolidated performance and alarming data, IT Expert can significantly reduce alarm noise and improve overall site resiliency.
“EcoStruxure IT Expert harnesses the data generated from any environment – from distributed IT to the data centres – and uses it to deliver intelligent benchmarking and increased visibility to all of your connected devices,” said Kim Povlsen, Vice President and General Manager of Digital Services and Data Centre Software, Schneider Electric. “In our increasingly cloud-based world, IT Expert delivers a remote monitoring service empowered with real-time data and proactive recommendations to repair and improve system availability.”
Key benefits of EcoStruxure IT and its applications include:
- Global visibility across the hybrid ecosystem regardless of location
- Secure updates of mass configuration and firmware in a more simple and faster process
- Vendor-neutral data capture of device information, smart alarms and monitoring of all connected devices through an open system
- Subscription model ensures the ease of deployment and updating for any size IT or data centre environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring options through our partners with EcoStruxure IT for Partners or through Schneider Electric Service Bureau with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor. The Service Bureau or partner helps troubleshoot and dispatch service teams, reducing meantime to repair and improving system availability and performance
IDC views the EcoStruxure family as a transformative platform that changes the core way that data centres are monitored and managed,” said Jennifer Cooke, Research Director for Data Centre Trends and Strategies at IDC.
To date, 1,400 customers are connected on the EcoStruxure IT platform managing 140,000 assets. Each day, 300 million data points are captured, helping to modernise how customer data centres are being managed, operated and maintained.Click below to share this article