Veeam Software has announced the general availability for new cloud data management capabilities and Ratmir Timashev, Co-founder and Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Veeam, explains what this means in more detail.
Veeam Software, a leader in backup solutions which enables intelligent data management, has announced the general availability for new cloud data management capabilities as part of Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 4, as well as the upcoming Veeam Availability for AWS and Veeam Availability Console v3.
The new major capabilities deliver cost-effective data retention, easy cloud migration and data mobility, cloud-native backup and protection for Amazon Web Services (AWS), portable cloud-ready licensing, increased security and data governance, and solutions to make it easier than ever for service providers to deliver Veeam-powered services to market.
IT leaders are increasingly concerned about cloud workloads in their multi-cloud environments; 58% state that the migration of data is challenging, 82% are worried about application uptime and 61% are not confident about their cloud workload backup and recovery. Veeam’s new capabilities address these concerns and challenges for enterprise IT leaders.
“Veeam was born and has dominated the backup and data management market in the modern highly virtualised on-premises environments,” said Ratmir Timashev, Co-founder and Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Veeam.
“In the last few years, we have continued our tradition of innovation and evolved to become the leader in cloud data management.
“Our latest version of Veeam Availability Platform is one of our most important and anticipated releases to date, providing a simple, flexible and reliable solution to help customers migrate to and keep data available in the hybrid cloud regardless of its location. The announcements reinforce our position as a market leader in cloud data management by expanding our strong relationships with AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud and over 20,000 service providers. We are recognised as one of Forbes 2018 World’s Best 100 Cloud Companies and have been previously recognised twice as Microsoft ISV Partner of the Year – clear proof points of leadership in cloud data management – and this latest launch strengthens our position.”
Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 4
- Cloud tier: Provides unlimited capacity for long term data retention by using native, cost-effective object storage integrations with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Azure Blob Storage, IBM Cloud Object Storage, as well as Amazon S3-compatible service providers and on-premises storage solutions. With Veeam, customers avoid double charges for storing data in the cloud – unlike with other backup providers who impose ‘cloud tax’ on top of the cloud provider’s storage cost
- Cloud mobility: Businesses can easily migrate, move and recover any on-premises or cloud-based workloads to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack in just two steps to maintain business continuity and availability, increase agility and optimise cost across hybrid cloud environments
- Enhanced Veeam DataLabs: Businesses will have increased security and data governance options including GDPR readiness and malware prevention with DataLabs Staged and Secure restore
- Intelligent diagnostics: Companies can reduce management and support costs through proactive resolution of configuration problems
- Enhanced Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for service providers (VCC-R): Service providers using VMware vCloud Director can leverage existing networking, infrastructure and self-service management investments for Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) solutions for lower TCO and higher margins
Veeam availability for AWS
Part of Veeam Availability Platform, this new solution combines the market-leading Veeam N2WS cloud-native backup and recovery of AWS workloads with the ability to consolidate the backup data in a central Veeam repository. This new offering enables customers to reliably move data to and holistically manage it across multi-cloud environments. It also mitigates the risk of losing access to cloud applications and ensures protection of AWS data against accidental deletion, loss of AWS account access, data-level security threats and outages. Customers will experience:
- Cloud-native, agentless data protection: With this feature, customers have purpose-built data protection for AWS using AWS snapshots and allowing for instant recovery
- Cloud mobility and cost savings: By decoupling backups from the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) infrastructure and storing data in a low-cost format inside Amazon S3 object storage or in an on-premises backup repository, customers will achieve advanced cost savings and the data separation required by the 3-2-1 rule of backup
- Powerful, reliable recovery technologies: Customers can achieve industry-leading RTOs by leveraging proven instant recovery, DR to an on-premises data centre and restore to the cloud
Veeam Instance Licensing (VIL)
Veeam new cloud-ready licensing is the industry’s first portable subscription licensing enabling IT agility and workload mobility for multi-cloud enterprises.
- Portable: Licenses are moved automatically when workloads are moved between platforms: ‘VMware – Hyper-V – Physical – Windows – Linux – AWS – Azure – IBM Cloud – other’, helping customers in their multi-cloud strategy with no additional license cost
- Simple: Purchasing and managing Veeam licenses is greatly simplified, saving customers time and resources
- Combining license portability and simplicity with no additional cost, Veeam is disrupting the industry yet again
Veeam Availability Console v3
More than 20,000 Veeam Cloud and Service Providers (VCSPs) will accelerate the growth and delivery of a Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) services to customers with:
- Reseller tier: Cloud service providers (CSPs), managed service providers (MSPs) and resell channel partners (VARs) can collaborate to deliver more value to joint customers by leveraging three-tier (SP – VAR – customer) capabilities including a partner-branded portal, customer setup features, monitoring capabilities – all with the best-fit level of access for their role
- Scale-out architecture: Service providers will experience unprecedented levels of scalability to support multiple Veeam Cloud Connect (VCC) installations, more customers and more devices – all leading to increased revenue streams
- Enhanced license management and usage reporting: Partners can more easily go to market with Veeam-powered services by aggregating management and reporting across Veeam Backup and Replication, Veeam Cloud Connect and Veeam Agent installations
- Expanded RESTful API support: Providers can increase efficiencies with the addition of several new RESTful APIs, enabling integration with even more home-grown or third-party systems
“With these new and enhanced offerings, we are furthering our strategy to provide the most simple, flexible and reliable solution to our customers,” added Timashev.Click below to share this article