Astea International, a leading global provider of field service management (FSM) and mobility solutions, has announced that GfTD, one of Germany’s leading full-service companies for the telecommunications market, entrusted Astea’s industry expertise and its Alliance Enterprise FSM platform. The move is to support GfTD’s rapid workforce expansion, streamline its large-scale operation and ensure uninterrupted 24/7 operation of its customers’ mission-critical communication systems.
Companies throughout Germany entrust GfTD with the maintenance, repair and smooth operation of its telecommunications systems. The company’s successful business growth necessitated that it expand its workforce by more than five times in the span of a couple weeks, which meant that it needed a new FSM solution implemented rapidly by a proven team of experts. In addition to rapid implementation to support its massive workforce expansion – which included the addition of nearly 500 field technicians in 2019 alone – GfTD needed a dynamic and robust off-the shelf FSM solution requiring zero customisations that would automate workflows to increase technician efficiency and enable it to provide unparalleled, 24/7 service to its customers.
Astea’s full service lifecycle management solution, Alliance Enterprise, provides GfTD with a comprehensive set of capabilities which include:
- Optimised scheduling and utilisation of technicians
- Mobile workforce management to seamlessly connect field technicians with back office
- Enablement of sharing of resources for faster issue resolution
- Knowledge management for improved internal collaboration and communication
- Seamless and rapid integration with its largest customer’s service ticketing system
- Full German language translations across the solution suite
- All capabilities will collectively help optimise every aspect of GfTD’s service-centric operations
In addition to the powerful capabilities it gains through Astea’s Alliance Enterprise platform, GfTD also selected Astea as its FSM technology partner due to the company’s speed of implementation and the unparalleled expertise of the Astea service and integration teams.Click below to share this article