IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2021 Vendor Assessment
This study is the first in a series of IDC MarketScape documents evaluating product offerings from over 18 vendors worldwide.
This study focuses on UEM solutions holistically, with considerations for the broadest set of deployment scenarios and requirements. But not one UEM solution fits all use cases. Subsequent documents will look at specific requirements and evaluation products based on criteria focused on the following areas: UEM solutions for small and midsize businesses, UEM for ruggedized device and IoT deployments, and UEM solutions for Apple device management.
Key findings for this study include:
- Most enterprises are using multiple UEM solutions for various use cases and/or regional support strategies.
- Convergence of teams comes before the single pane of glass: most end-user organizations.
- Support of five endpoint platforms (Windows, Mac, Apple, Android, and Chrome OS) is common among most vendors in the market.
- Endpoint analytics and advanced telemetry gathering and analysis is a growing offering component among many forward-thinking UEM solutions providers.
- Many vendors are positioning UEM as an infrastructure/security component to a larger “”workspace”” strategy around how end users work and interact with digital technology.