New software solution pitched as a ‘breakthrough’ global unified file and object storage platform.
Cloudian has launched HyperStore 8 software, a unified file and object data management platform pitched as ushering in a new era of storage solutions for both traditional and modern workloads.
HyperStore 8 – now available for evaluation –
is said to ‘uniquely’ consolidate modern and legacy storage formats in a cloud-like environment that delivers on-premises control, bimodal file and object data access and record-setting performance in an exabyte-scalable, geo-distributed platform.
This combination is said to make HyperStore 8 ideal for both capacity-intensive and performance-intensive workloads in AI/ML, data analytics, data protection and hybrid cloud.
Key Features of HyperStore 8 software:
- Leading performance: On an all-flash platform, HyperStore 8 delivers up to 17.7GB/s write and 24.9GB/s read from a cluster of six power-efficient, single-processor servers, representing a remarkable 74 per cent improvement in power efficiency compared to HDD-based systems.
- Unified storage: File and object storage seamlessly integrate within a modular, software-defined-storage platform compatible with industry-standard flash-based and HDD-based servers.
- Bimodal data access: Data is accessible in both file and object formats, regardless of its original format, making information universally available to both legacy and modern applications.
- Global geo-distribution: Manage a global network of Cloudian storage nodes from a single screen, with fine-grained policy management to provide local storage performance, security and data sovereignty together with single-point-of-control simplicity.
- Military-grade security: The most extensive set of security certifications in object storage, plus data immutability for ransomware protection and Secure Shell for intrusion defence.
- Hybrid storage policies: Application-aware storage policy management to maximise performance and capacity efficiency in real time.
“The days of legacy storage systems, with their single-site storage silos, limited protocol support, and complex proprietary infrastructure are over,” said Michael Tso, CEO, Cloudian.
“HyperStore 8 sets a new benchmark in performance and efficiency by enabling our customers to fully leverage their object and file data across both modern and legacy applications regardless of the data capacity, physical location or data format, all on industry standard hardware and within a simple global management framework.”Click below to share this article