WHITE PAPER: Monitoring Microservices on Kubernetes
Kubernetes has emerged as the de-facto standard for orchestrating containerized applications. While Kubernetes abstracts away many complexities, it also introduces new operational and monitoring challenges. In fact, the latest CNCF survey cites monitoring as one of the biggest challenges in adopting Kubernetes.
This ebook walks through the end-to-end architecture of Kubernetes, the role of each Kubernetes component, the key monitoring challenges in Kubernetes environments, and how to leverage SignalFx to get end-to-end visibility into infrastructure nodes, Kubernetes objects, and every microservice deployed.
In this ebook you will learn:
- An overview of the Kubernetes architecture
- Benefits of leveraging Kubernetes in your architecture
- Key challenges in monitoring Kubernetes environments
- Key performance metrics that you should consider monitoring
- How SignalFX monitors Kubernetes at scale