NTT DATA Services, a global digital business and IT services leader, has adopted the full suite of intelligent spend management solutions from SAP.
These include SAP Ariba solutions for procurement, SAP Fieldglass solutions for contingent workforce management and SAP Concur solutions for travel and expense management.
The procurement solutions created an intelligent, dynamic and strategic function for procuring direct and indirect materials, services and MRO for NTT DATA Corporation’s largest division outside Japan.
In light of COVID-19, NTT DATA plans to further enable its remote workforce to procure goods and services and enhance user experience and adoption with mobility. The company also plans to work with SAP and its own NTT DATA SAP practice to innovate around Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and robotics.
“We knew that utilizing world-class tools to create a modern procurement function with the help of SAP was going to enable our business to move forward and deliver clear value,” said Jeffrey R. Tramel, NTT DATA Services Vice President of Global Procurement.
“SAP’s support has been instrumental in helping us build and deploy a standardized set of processes and tools that enables us to reduce cost, enable revenue and mitigate supplier risk now and into the future.”
By automating and streamlining its end-to-end procurement operations, NTT DATA has achieved the following benefits:
- Improved supplier selection and collaboration to maximize value and outcomes
- Simplified procure-to-pay processes to increase visibility and operational control
- Increased adoption with consumer-grade user experience
- Improved cashflow management and increased compliance to vendor payment terms
- Reduced costs aligned with corporate strategy and industry standards
- Simplified integration of M&A activity
- Movement of primary spend categories under management to mitigate company risk