The Philippines played host to a content-rich virtual conference on Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation on September 16 2021. Hosted by Trescon, World AI and RPA Show convened over 250 online participants that included major stakeholders of the Philippines’ AI ecosystem including government authorities, top AI experts and solution providers. The virtual conference featured leading AI organizations such as Oracle and Denodo coming together to discuss the Philippines’ AI and RPA prospects.
The conference was themed on highlighting the next steps driving the Philippines’ plans for the future through the use of emerging technologies.
The event focused on key topics such as preparing for the next evolution of AI as a driver for business success; Building the business strategy for AI across the enterprise; Aligning organizational structure to deploy at scale; RPA and AI implementation: Challenges and Opportunities; Leveraging Intelligent Automation to tackle issues of compliance and big data; Improving CX with AI and RPA, and much more.
The show featured a groundbreaking collaboration from experts such as:
- Gregorio B Honasan II, Executive VP and Chief Innovation and Inclusion Officer, Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
- Peter Leong, AI Specialist, Singapore Polytechnic
- Yu Ka Chan, Senior Regional Manager, Cloud Engineering, Oracle ASEAN
- Alex Hoehl, Senior Director, Partner Channel Sales and Business Development, APAC, Denodo
- Simon Johnson, Asia Head of Claims Advisory and Operations, Marsh Asia
- Peter Lee, Head of Customer Loyalty, Payment and Big Data, PLUS Malaysia
- Kathleen Mackay, Chief Digital Officer, Revenue NSW – Department of Customer Service
- Andy Chun, AI Pioneer, Regional Director – Technology Innovation, Prudential Corporation Asia
- Lcol Francel Margareth Taborlupa, IS Officer, National Task Force Against COVID-19
- Reynaldo (Rey) Lugtu, Founder and CEO, Hungry Workhorse
- Edmund Situmorang, CTO, Sinarmas Group; to name a few.
Gregorio B. Honasan II, Secretary at Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), stated: “We at DICT play the most important role in the AI strategic planning, focusing on the important factor of digitalization and architecture. Our aim is to ensure that the AI-driven economy is successfully promoted, beginning with the development of digital highways.”
Yu Ka Chan, Senior Regional Manager, Cloud Engineering at Oracle ASEAN, said:”We at Oracle are helping our customers to manage their data very effectively and, in the end, we are able to help them drive a positive business outcome”
While speaking about ‘How data virtualization accelerates machine learning and AI projects’, Alex Hoehl, Senior Director, Partner Channel Sales and Business Development, APAC, at Denodo, said: “The Denodo platform deployment was as easy as a click of a button with centralized configuration management. This simplified Prologis’s Data architecture and also helped bring down the overall maintenance cost”.
LCol. Francel Margareth (PADILLA) Taborlupa, Head Executive Assistant to Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation and Unity and IS Officer at National Task Force Against COVID-19 Philippines, said: “AI tools can help monitor the economic crisis and recover. For example, via satellite, social networking and other data, like Google’s community and with data gathered through AI, we can learn from the crisis and build early warnings for a future outbreak.”
“The right business environment for AI and RPA is an important part of the game as it provides a wide range of options, and we were privileged to provide that environment. Innovations like AI, however, need to be contextualized and integrated into an enterprise use case,”stated Mithun Shetty, CEO, Trescon.
The show was hosted on the virtual events platform Vmeets which helped the participants to network and conduct business in an interactive and immersive virtual environment. Participants were also able to engage with speakers in Q&A sessions and network with solution providers in virtual exhibition booths, private consultation rooms and private networking rooms.Click below to share this article