Snowflake, the Data Cloud company, has announced the finalists and winners of the fourth annual Data Drivers Awards for Southeast Asia, the premier data awards that honour Snowflake customers leading their organisations and reimagining what’s possible with the Data Cloud across their industries.
This year’s Data Drivers Awards winners consist of data leaders from Southeast Asia businesses and organisations including Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech), Globe Telecom, Lomotif, M1, Singlife with Aviva and Funding Societies. Snowflake’s annual Data Drivers Awards finalists and winners represent the top individuals and organisations using the Snowflake Data Cloud to innovate, grow and delight their customers.
“Snowflake customers continue to push the envelope of what’s possible with data, unlocking new ways to drive impact across the Data Cloud,” said Sanjay Deshmukh, Senior Regional Vice President, ASEAN and India at Snowflake.
“They demonstrate how a well-implemented cloud data analytics strategy drives innovation, increases business agility, improves time-to-market and enhances customer experience.”
The 2022 Data Driver of the Year award winners are:
● The top award category, Data Driver of the Year is presented to Singlife with Aviva, a leading financial services company headquartered in Singapore. Following the merger of Aviva Singapore and Singlife, Singlife with Aviva developed a central data cloud platform on Snowflake to consolidate existing data from Aviva Singapore and Singlife in a single view of its customer and advisor base, creating a connected financial ecosystem and allowing the newly merged company to fully leverage its data for data science and Machine Learning.
● M1, Singapore’s first digital network operator, was awarded the Data Collaboration Award for leveraging Snowflake as part of their Digital Transformation journey, with the aim of hyper-personalising their customer experience and streamlining their operations to be more efficient. Besides using Snowflake as their data lake and data warehouse, M1 has also played a key role in spearheading this data solution for the Keppel Group of companies.
● The Data Executive of the Year award recognises a key individual (CTO, CIO, or VP-level) who serves as a strategic leader, pioneering cloud data analytics within their organisation and breaking new ground in their industry. Dan Noel Natindim, Vice President for Enterprise Data Office, Globe Telecom (ASEAN) is recognised for his pioneering work in driving large scale transformation on Snowflake at Globe Telecom.
● The Powered by Snowflake award recognises an organisation that builds the most innovative data-driven applications on Snowflake. Lomotif took home the prize this year for this award.
● The Data for Good category recognises an organisation using enhanced data analytics to help save, extend and improve lives and/or the environment, globally. This year, GovTech, who is driving Singapore’s Smart Nation initiative and public sector Digital Transformation, was honoured for their work in enabling Government Agencies to quickly access authoritative quality data to build better data insights, enhance inter-agency data collaboration, power citizen services delivery and support initiatives towards a greener and more sustainable City in Nature.
● The Data Hero of the Year recognises a technology trailblazer who has pioneered the Data Cloud into their organisation. The winner this year is Manish Kumar, Head of Data Management and Engineering, Funding Societies.Click below to share this article