From never-before-seen form factors to new user experiences, Lenovo’s innovation history is laden with firsts that have continued to define and re-imagine smart, personalised computing. And, another breakthrough is on the horizon.
Accelerate has unveiled a demo of the world’s first foldable PC. Made for highly mobile, tech-savvy professionals who demand the best tools, the new foldable PC joins the premium ThinkPad X1 family, promising that the unprecedented portability will in no way compromise productivity and reliability.
Everyone wants access to a large comfortable screen even on the go, but travel can make this inconvenient or impossible. Remote work increased 140% from 2008 to 2016, with more and more employees taking time-sensitive, media-intensive projects with them everywhere.
In the past, a 13.3-inch screen on a laptop demanded that the device stay at that same size footprint —not so with this single OLED 2K display made in collaboration with LG Display that can fold in half and reduce its width by 50%. Intel-powered with Windows, the foldable ThinkPad can transition with users from day to night:
- Wake up, fold it into a book, and start the day scanning your social media feeds in bed
- Walk to your kitchen, unfold it, and stand it up for hands-free viewing of your top news sites
- Hit your commute on the bus or train and morph it into a clamshell to catch up on emails.
- Get into the office, dock it into your multi-monitor setup and get to work
- Go into meetings, take notes with its pen, and write on a full screen tablet
- After lunch, set up the stand and use its mechanical keyboard to type out a few work emails
- Come home at night, open it up and stream your favourite shows
- Relax in bed, fold it in half and enjoy your latest read before going to sleep
The space-saving ThinkPad combines laptop productivity with smartphone portability to fold into your lifestyle like never before. Full details and availability are set to be announced next year.Click below to share this article