Micro Focus has announced the release of OPTIC (Operations Platform for Transformation, Intelligence and Cloud), empowering IT operations with built-in, unlimited-use intelligence at the core and the ability to optimise the cloud as a full partner.
As companies navigate the shifting demands of the digital economy and seek to improve productivity for a dispersed workforce, Micro Focus OPTIC simplifies the complexity of transforming IT to meet changing expectations.
Toufic Derbass, Managing Director, Middle East and North Africa, Micro Focus, said: “IT teams leading their organisations’ digitalisation efforts want tools that cut through complexity – not create it – so it’s important that the platforms they use have long-term functionality at their core.
“Micro Focus OPTIC enables companies to undertake a smooth transformation process, utilising the platform’s central intelligence to innovate while retaining cloud agility through operational best practices.”
Key capabilities of Micro Focus OPTIC include:
- Unified process automation with embedded ‘best-practice’ content that improves productivity without requiring brittle custom code
- Discovery and topology mapping for both cloud and on-premises environments that enable efficient management based on current configurations
- A single interface for user self-service, backed by smart virtual agents, that reduces user frustration while improving response times and staff efficiency
- Flexible deployment options – in the cloud, in containers, as a service, or on-premises – and the ability to switch as needed
- Modular building blocks and flexible licensing for on-demand functionality without unexpected costs.
The embedded intelligence at the core of Micro Focus OPTIC provides broad analysis as it normalises, stores and makes sense of all data produced by the variety of solutions found across IT environments – including most third-party monitoring tools. OPTIC also allows teams to discover, monitor, manage and govern cloud services in tandem with an on-premises approach – maximising the customer experience and business return. With the cloud as a full partner, companies can unify performance and availability management while staying open to new possibilities with multi-cloud deployment options.
As Digital Transformation continues to drive strategic business change, Micro Focus OPTIC is one of the ways Micro Focus helps customers build on what already works and take a high tech, low drama approach to transformation. OPTIC components are licensed and install with Micro Focus ITOM products, providing incremental value to customers as they expand their use.Click below to share this article