Bahrain’s Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard has gone live with Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise, a cloud-based enterprise resource planning application, that is enabling the company to digitise its business while raising its efficiency, sustainability and ability to innovate.
Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard, ASRY is the Arabian Gulf’s maritime repair and fabrication facility, and was founded in 1977 in Bahrain. Its range of facilities includes a 500,000-deadweight-tonnage drydock, two floating docks of 252 meters and 227 meters in length, 15 repairs berths with a total length of approximately 5,000 meters, twin 255-meter slipways, a 2,500,000+-square-meter fabrication area, and a full range of workshops and service centres.
ASRY operates in four sectors:
- Ship repair and conversion
- Rig repair and conversion
- Naval repair and conversion
- Fabrication and engineering
This which combined covers all types of vessel repair including jack-up rigs and other offshore assets, as well as fabrication of onshore and offshore industrial components.
As part of its modernisation, Bahrain’s Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard has gone live with Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise, a cloud-based enterprise resource planning application, that is enabling the company to digitise its business while raising its efficiency, sustainability and ability to innovate.
The achievement was marked by a celebration at the Convention Centre of Gulf Hotel Bahrain, Bahrain in October with the presence of Wolfgang Kobek, Infor Executive Vice President of International, and Mazen Mohammed Matar, ASRY Managing Director.
Through installing Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise, ASRY will be able to keep track of orders involving thousands of specialist parts and components, both for servicing customers and for running and maintaining its own operations especially concerning its substantial scale and scope of business. ASRY works with more than 2,000 business partners and typically tracks around 60 to 100 ongoing projects at any one time.
The move to a multi-tenant cloud environment means ASRY benefits from continuous innovation from Infor, with software updates and upgrades taking place automatically as soon as Infor implements them. The solution was implemented by Infor’s Consulting Services team.
By deploying Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise, ASRY has unified and automated all of its major business functions, including procurement, accounts, and supply chain management. This has enabled it to improve its efficiency, while giving management a single source of truth for all business transactions.
Through the solution, ASRY is integrated with its partners, allowing it to secure components more quickly, thus improving repair and fabrication times, and enhancing customer experience.
Infor’s Kobek said: “By embracing the cloud and automating its business systems with Infor, ASRY proves the ability of industry-specific solutions to help organisations boost their efficiency, agility, and ability to serve customers and support the growth of major industries. We look forward to continuing to support ASRY on its digital transformation journey well into the future.”
Mazen Mohammed Matar, ASRY Managing Director, said: “By deploying Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise, ASRY has positioned itself for sustainable growth and innovation. We are now realising enormous efficiency gains through automation, which means we can allocate our staff where they are most needed and gain immense value from our data. We are proud to support Bahrain’s maritime industry and be part of the country’s ongoing digital transformation.”
Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise
Infor CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise delivers industry-specific capabilities without extensive customisations or integrations by combining the Infor cloud platform built on infrastructure services from Amazon Web Services and Infor OS. With critical business applications in CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise, businesses can experience automatic upgrades that deliver the latest advances in enterprise functionality.
CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise enables global business, networked analytics, and a user experience that can be augmented by artificial intelligence.
- Users can access applications on any device anywhere
- Scale cloud services to handle usage peaks and valleys
- Reduce total cost of ownership and capital investment
- Integrate cloud and on-premises applications with pre-built APIs
- Connect data across cloud and legacy applications for enterprise insights
- Democratise analytics for better decision making
CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise is a digital platform built specifically for industrial manufacturers to make their business more efficient and productive. The software delivers proven capabilities to help meet customer demands, maintain employee productivity, and bring products to market ahead of the competition.
Delivered in the cloud, CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise ensures efficiency, cost savings, and built-in support for global operations, as well as security that follows protocols. Optional services that enhance and extend CloudSuite Industrial Enterprise are available for additional subscription fees.
- Provides the next level of factory floor and warehouse automation, so industrial manufacturers can streamline production processes, speed inventory handling, track labour, and automate attendance operations.
- Supports online collaboration among suppliers up and down the value chain, including logistics service providers, outside processors, purchase parts suppliers, and discrete purchase order suppliers.
- Enables users to use and modify critical data on their mobile devices. Improves process efficacy and accelerates productivity with mobile applications that allow users to receive real-time data and respond immediately to important tasks.
- Give sales teams the tools to quickly produce accurate customer quotes based on the highly customised and complex products they demand.
- Deliver successful products to the market faster with integrated product lifecycle management capabilities with a single view of product data that leverages both ERP and engineering sources.
- Connect with ECAD and MCAD applications and enable stakeholders from across the enterprise to engage with data and processes.