Equinix, the global interconnection and data centre company, has announced an expanded partnership with VMware to support VMware Cloud on Dell EMC on Platform Equinix.
The Digital Transformation landscape has never been more complex. Enterprises must focus on ensuring the availability, performance, security and reliability of a massive set of applications while operating in a cost-effective and scalable manner.
To meet these evolving needs, Equinix and VMware are teaming together to develop solutions to help enterprises accelerate hybrid cloud transformations based on VMware Cloud on Dell EMC within Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data centres.
As a fully managed cloud service, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC combines public cloud simplicity, agility and economics with the security, control and performance of on-premises infrastructure.
With the Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric (ECX Fabric) interconnection service on Platform Equinix, enterprises can now take advantage of private and secure multicloud connectivity, and quickly deploy hybrid cloud infrastructures.
By also tapping into the power of rich digital ecosystems located at Equinix, enterprises can further unlock value as they gain access to potentially thousands of new global partners they can interconnect with via ECX Fabric.
- Through the expanded partnership, VMware will support Equinix as a global colocation provider for VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, combining industry-leading systems and storage with forward-thinking innovation in hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Equinix and VMware have been working together since 2013 to enable hybrid cloud infrastructures, helping Global 2000 enterprises address the increasing volume and complexity of application workloads and data. This expanded collaboration will further help customers simplify complex hybrid multicloud deployments and accelerate their Digital Transformation in public cloud and Edge deployments.
- To enable hybrid cloud deployments for enterprises using AWS Direct Connect, Equinix teamed with VMware in August 2018 to offer private connectivity to VMware Cloud on AWS via AWS Direct Connect at Equinix IBX data centres globally.
- ECX Fabric is an on-demand, SDN-enabled interconnection service that helps meet the Digital Transformation needs of enterprises by allowing any business to connect between its own distributed infrastructure and any other company’s distributed infrastructure, including the world’s largest cloud providers, on Platform Equinix.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud service providers is essential as Digital Transformation fuels higher demand for localised digital services at the Edge. According to the Global Interconnection Index (GXI) Volume 2, a market study published by Equinix, interconnection between enterprises and cloud and IT providers is projected to grow 98% per annum through 2021, supporting businesses building out new digital services and migrating existing workloads to third-party cloud platforms.