Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, has launched the world’s most advanced, most accurate power quality meter, the PowerLogic ION9000 series.
With rapid advancements in IoT, event analytics and accuracy, this newest addition to Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Power portfolio provides the most complete, most innovative power quality meter for critical power applications.
“The ION9000 redefines the standard for accuracy, resolving power quality issues faster with patented disturbance tracking technology and it provides unique modularity designed to adapt to your changing energy needs, now and far into the future,” said Preshlen Chetty, Offer Manager: Power Solutions at Schneider Electric.
The latest generation of advanced power quality meters to build on the legendary success of the ION7650, PowerLogic ION9000 offers the industry’s most advanced capabilities with five core innovations:
- High-quality performance, with third-party certified Class 0.1S accuracy to unlock significant new possibilities for energy savings, ensuring the meter complies with the highest performance for revenue grade applications
- Cybersecurity ready, designed to align with comprehensive grid cybersecurity policies, helping to eliminate vulnerabilities to critical power assets and systems
- Onboard power quality analysis provides useful information, not just data, doing so via its onboard PQ tool, according to EN50160 and IEEE519 standards. The ION9000 also has extended waveform capture and patented disturbance direction detection (DDD)
- Smart power event analysis automatically correlates related trends, events and waveforms based on time and type of incident, saving time and providing vital insight with pre and post-incident data
- Patented ION programmability allows users to adapt as their power networks become more dynamic, tailoring programming to accommodate complex electrical distribution monitoring or custom substation automation – protecting their investment into the future
“The ION9000 is truly the power quality meter of the future,” added Chetty.
“It provides the future-proof adaptability that modern power networks need, and it is highly customisable, setting a new industry benchmark for accuracy. It also has a complete power quality analysis tool right out of the box, so it can immediately identify and help solve power system events,” he says.
The ION9000’s power management software provides quick views of energy consumption, power quality and power network status, and all in real time. It has proven itself a critical tool for preventive maintenance and root cause analysis in power outages, helping keep people and equipment safe.
“A ground-breaking high-performance power quality meter, the ION9000 is the result of decades of industry experience,” said Chetty.
“And combined with EcoStruxure Power edge control software, it helps reveal every power network risk and opportunity. Knowing exactly what happened during an incident is vital for re-establishing normal operations, while also avoiding future issues before they become problems.
“ION9000 is a significant addition to Schneider Electric’s industry-leading connected products offers, providing a valued new platform within a connected and integrated power distribution network.”