To gain the competitive advantage in the zettabyte era, as the pace of the technology revolution picks up, customers need the confidence to innovate and trusted cybersecurity strategies are a foundational pillar. Vangelis Lagousakos, General Manager – Channel Sales, Middle East, Russia, Africa and Turkey (MERAT) – Dell Technologies, outlines how channel partners have a significant role to play when it comes to reinforcing resilience and confidence in secure Digital Transformations.
Globally, the number of malicious attacks against critical sectors almost doubled in 2020 compared to the previous years, reverberating throughout digital ecosystems and piling pressure on IT managers everywhere.
Closer to home, the Middle East region became the prime target for cybercrime as malware attacks increased by 17% to 161 million in the first half of 2021, compelling local governments to take stringent action against future attacks. For instance, the UAE has strengthened its cybersecurity framework and formed a new council to develop a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy.
According to IDC, security spending in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META) is expected to grow by 7.1% to reach US$3.3 billion in 2021. However, as cybersecurity solutions evolve so does the sophistication of cyberattacks. It might seem like a game of whack-a-mole but it doesn’t have to be this way – and channel partners have a significant role to play when it comes to reinforcing resilience and confidence in secure Digital Transformations.
In channel we trust
Today, customers need a confidence boost, as many are overwhelmed by the scale, urgency and critical nature of the cybersecurity question. We know that to gain the competitive edge in the zettabyte era, as the pace of the technology revolution picks up, customers need the confidence to innovate and trusted cybersecurity strategies are a foundational pillar.
But we’re not just talking about trust in security solutions, we’re talking about trust in the very consultancy that leads to the essential acquisition of these solutions – and the ability of Channel partners to go the extra mile, creating comfort with their cybersecurity expertise. As cyberattacks continue to grow exponentially post-pandemic, it’s time to refine, refresh and evolve security strategies with a level of boldness that can only be achieved with trust. Trust is the key ingredient to stepping up to the security challenge and channel partners are ultimately on the frontlines of cybersecurity.
The five C’s of trust
- Connection is the cornerstone of any relationship, but to gain trust in the channel means going beyond the sales pitch. Building authentic, genuine and caring channel relationships requires proactively considering the unique nature of each customer’s cybersecurity challenge, understanding their sector and sharing in their human frustrations first
- Caution is a value that is particularly pertinent in the realm of cybersecurity – and customers want to know that their business risks are being taken seriously. Communicating with pragmatic empathy, strategising with a holistic mindset and proactively unpicking the complexities around cybersecurity will go a long way in building trust in cybersecurity solutions – and nurturing cyber awareness among customers
- Consistency is key. It’s a tired adage but it has never been truer than in the approach to cybersecurity. Gaining trust from customers as the challenges evolve with new digital technologies, business structures and opportunities means demonstrating future-focused solutions and strategies that maintain the drumbeat of cybersecurity, come what may. Consistent communication, support and consultancy will stoke the embers of confidence enabling secure and impactful transformations
- Courage is the key ingredient for change – and all customers must be prepared to evolve their cyber strategies to stay ahead of bad actors. Channel partners that inspire strength in the face of these challenges, that display bold and fresh thinking as well as cyber solutions will facilitate the bravery needed for customers to make the Digital Transformations needed to remain competitive, safely. Delivering expert consultancy with conviction is critical here
- Commitment to customers, with the provision of on-going support and consultancy is important as many enter new territory, with shifting cybersecurity landscapes. On-going and proactive consultancy, that goes beyond the point of sale is critical. This is a shared commitment among the ecosystem, reinforcing cybersecurity at every layer and creating a security by-design approach to all digital solutions
The channel partners that can demonstrate deep expertise across the technology stack will lead the way. A focus on continued research and development (R&D) in cyber, digital security and trust will spotlight the commitment to customer’s cybersecurity, along with the breadth and depth of the wider ecosystem of partners that leverage edge cyber innovation.
Bring together these elements, with a healthy dose of the five Cs of trust and a world class threat intelligence network and customers will be well on their way to cybersecurity confidence. Only then can the full value of the digital opportunity be unleashed, the competitive edge won and the customer relationship promoted to platinum quality.Click below to share this article